01. la dispute - nine.
02. manchester orchestra - simple math.
03. band of horses - is there a ghost.
04. the shins - simple song.
05. the dykeenies - clean up your eyes.
06. modest mouse - float on.
07. ball park music - sad rude future dude.
08. pegasus bridge - ribena.
09. all get out - lucky bastard.
10. regina spektor - your honor.
11. GROUPLOVE - itchin’ on a photograph.
12. mumford & sons - little lion man.
13. brandi carlile - the story.
14. shy & the fight - how to stop an imploding man.
15. tegan & sara - come on kids.
16. los campesinos! - too many flesh suppers.
17. the tallest man on earth - you’re going back.
18. freelance whales - broken horse.
19. listener - wooden heart.
a mix to be there for those days. you know the days i mean.
have you ever thought about what would happen if you took every single moment you’ve spent being angry. every minute you’ve spent arguing with someone, crying in piles of words on your floor. every hour you’ve spent on resentment, spinning circles of bitterness inside your head. what if you took all of that time and used it towards something positive?
“i just needed you to lift me up, like you did when we were younger when the lightening & the thunder had me clinging to your heart. you’ll forever be my father, & i’ll be saving tears in jars for this one.”
“dear, you know i fear i’m growing weak. i left you in the dark for a bottle, & cheap company. you took me home, gave me a bed - or half of yours, at least - & my god, that was good enough for me.
we’d sleep until the evening sun had burnt, & stay away until the neighbours left next morning for work. the first time that we slept i felt my life rewind, & a nervous child replaced the ageing fool i left behind.
you put your faith in me, & i let you down. but i feel so sure & i’ll keep holding on, because we are young, & we are free. &, my god, that’s still good enough for me.”